My second Leah & Chris this year! We decided to do their engagement shoot in St. Augustine, I only wish I lived closer! St. Augustine is such an amazing town. Unfortunately a bad storm threatened our entire shoot, but it never did rain! Chris & Leah were such a cute couple, constantly laughing with (and at) each other, I just know they’re going to have an awesome wedding. Looking forward to seeing you two again in October!
We just purchased some (long overdue) office furniture from the wonderful IKEA and once our new “Expedit” bookshelf was assembled, our cats put it to good use.
The brown & cream kitty is ours, Nibby, and the gray is Brody, we are kitty-sitting him for a friend who’s out of the country (Hey Tiff!) Let’s just say the Nibby “tolerates” Brody.
Zach and I were so fascinated by these two (yeah… we don’t have a life right now) that we decided to film them playing in their cubbies. Enjoy!
The WESH voting contest is ending soon (August 8th!) and I am currently in 4th place. I was in third, but just got bumped down :( So please, if you have a moment and haven’t already, VOTE FOR ME!
I would love to be in the top three this year. It is very easy to do, just click the link above, or scroll down this page to the WESH A-LIST icon and click the VOTE button. You have to send in your email, but there is no spam, I promise!!
Thank you all so much for all of you that have voted, I really appreciate it!
More updates coming soon :)
I have some announcements for some new things happening around here at Ashley McCormick Photography.
• First off, this summer has been awesome, I have LOVED all of my brides, they made it a great May/June/July! I can’t thank you girls enough for providing me with such an easy way to take fantastic photos! All of you were beautiful.
• I wanted to thank everyone for voting for me in the WESH contest. There are just 3 weeks left to vote, and I can’t believe that I am holding strong in 3rd place! But please, if you haven’t voted yet, VOTE!! Have your husbands, wives, families, siblings, anyone you know vote too. I am so grateful for all of your votes and wonderful reviews already. Thank you all so much!!
• Soon I am going to be launching a brand new site dedicated strictly to portraits. I LOVE doing portraits (almost as much as weddings!) and I feel that they need a place of their own. The new site will focus on teens, kids, babies, families and pregnancy photos. I really want to build up my kid/baby work, so if you know anyone who has children under the age of 12 or a newborn please send them my way!
• On that note, because I really want to photograph some little ones, I am offering a special discount until September 30th, 2008 that any child/baby portrait session is half off. So if you have children under the age of 12, any session will now be $75 instead of $150 (What a deal!!). Plus, you will get a small proof album of the photos along with the shoot! Please just mention this blog post to receive your discount.
• To go along with our new Gallery Collections (see blog post below) I am going to be offering some new options for your prints. Soon you will have options such as metallic, pearl & linen paper, as well as canvas, standouts and matted prints. Also, I will have these adorable proof boxes to store your photos in. Photos to come soon!
• And finally, after the last wedding of the summer (Hooray for Callie & Adam!) I will be hosting a “Best Wedding 2008” contest. More details to come soon!
Hope you’re had a wonderful July 16th!